On this page:
We make the following library handouts available Adobe Acrobat PDF format. Adobe Acrobat Reader is available from Adobe's Web site.
In addition to these handouts you may wish to explore the Online Tutorials web page for information and instructions on many of our library databases.
Please remember: these handouts change frequently. The most current versions will be posted on this page. Paper versions of the handouts are also available at the Health Sciences Library's Service Desk, as well as in the Information Rack at the entrance to the library.
- Anschutz Medical Campus Guide
A guide to dining, transportation, parking, and amenities around the campus.
- Library Floor Plan and Building Information
A checklist of building features and a floor plan of the Library.
- Resident Newsletter
Information for new interns, residents, and fellows about the Library's services and resources. See also the Residents' Guide to Information Resources.
- Library Survival Guide
Learn the basics for using the Library's services and resources, and how to navigate our website.
- Database Guides in Non-English Languages
- Entrez NCBI
- Finding Full Text
- Introduction to CINAHL (nursing and allied health)
- Ovid Quick Guide
Tips and explanations of the commands used to search the databases accessed through the Ovid search interface.
- All About Ovid Handout
Guidance on conducting a search in MEDLINE using medical subject headings and keyword searching to explode and focus, apply basic limits, link to online full text articles and print, email, or save search results.
- PubMed Brochure
- Introduction to PubMed Class Handout
- Advanced PubMed Searching
- My NCBI Brochure
- Searching for the Evidence
Class handout describing some of the evidence-based resources available to Health Sciences Library users. Attachments to this handout are also available:
- Ovid Medline and CINAHL Evidence Based Medicine Search Filters (attachment 1)
- PubMed Clinical Queries: Clinical Study Categories and Systematic Review
EMBASE Evidence Based Searching (attachment 2)
- Sources of Evidence (attachment 3)
- Evidence Based My NCBI Filters (attachment 4)
- Ovid Databases
- 6S Pyramid
- Visual RX Calculator
- Guidelines Resources
- Cochrane Library Online Help
Help resources for the Cochrane Library, an evidence based systematic reviewing resource.
- Tips For Finding Radiology Information Online
- Web of Science
Library Class Handouts
- Acquiring, Manipulating, and Using Images
- Answering Clinical Questions in Real Time
- Reference and Reprint Management:
- Finding Test and Measurement Resources
- Firefox Internet Browser
Customize your internet experience using Firefox.