Past Strauss Lectures
2011 to 2015
- March 25, 2015, WATCH THE VIDEO: Integrative Healthcare in the United States: Past, Present, and Future | Strauss-Wisneski Indigenous and Integrative Medicine Collection Lecture. Leonard A. Wisneski, MD, FACP; Chair of the Board of the Integrative Healthcare Policy Consortium.
- October 22, 2014: Acupuncture: Evidence, Benefits and Uses. Daisy Dong, L.Ac. CMD, MHA, MA, MSOM, University of Colorado Health, Center for Integrative Medicine.
- October 22, 2013: Touching the Moment: An Introduction to Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction. Paul T. Deger, MA, LPC, PT.
- March 4, 2013: Exploring Hózhó: An Autoethnography of the Diné Hózhóójíí. Michelle Kahn-John, MSN, APRN, College of Nursing, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
- May 29, 2013: The Clinical Pharmacology of Medical Cannabis. Kari L Franson, PharmD, PhD, BCPP; Associate Dean for Professional Education, University of Colorado School of Pharmacy.
- October 31, 2012 : Thoughts as Things: Placebo Effects and the Brain Systems that Regulate Pain and Emotion. Tor D. Wager, PhD, Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Institute for Cognitive Science, University of Colorado Boulder.
- October 10, 2012, WATCH THE VIDEO: Herbal Products: Complementary or Confusion? Monika Nuffer, PharmD, University of Colorado, School of Pharmacy.
- April 16, 2012, An Introduction to Naturopathic Clinical Theory and its Application in the Practice of Naturopathic Medicine, Louise Edwards,ND.
- October 11, 2011, WATCH THE VIDEO: Introduction to Ayurveda. The Science of Life, Nita Desai, MD, East/West Integrated Medicine, Boulder.
- September 14, 2011, Designing Communities for Health Rather Than Illness, Sandra H. Stenmark, MD, Physician Lead of Colorado Pediatric Cardiovascular Health, Kaiser Permanente, Denver. You can check out a CD recording of this lecture.
- August 16, 2011 Yoga and Meditation.Ancient Teachings to Modern Science with Julie Staples, PhD, The Center for Mind-Body Medicine and Georgetown University School of Medicine. You can check out a CD recording of this lecture.
2007 to 2010
- September 27, 2010 Creative Arts Therapy as Catalyst for Healing with Katharine Reed, ATR, LPC, and Tony Edelblute, LPC, MT-BC, Ponzio Creative Arts Therapy Program.
- August 4, 2010. 2nd Annual Dance of the Flower Medicine. Curanderismo: Partnering for Healthy Communities: 1.) "Laugh Therapy," Dr Arturo Ornelas Lizardi and Maestra Rita Navarrete Perez, 2.), Dr. Arturo Ornelas Lizardi and Maestro Valentine Silveti Garcia. You can check out a CD recording of this lecture.
- April 19, 2010 A Journey into Chinese Medicine. A Lecture and Photo Slide Show of TCM in China with Sylvia Salcedo Rojas, L.Ac. Metropolitan State College of Denver, Jie Casey, Metropolitan State College of Denver, and Linda B. White, M.D., Metropolitan State College of Denver. You can check-out the CD recording of this lecture.
- February 16, 2010 The Ravens Gift. A Scientist, A Shaman and their Remarkable Journey Through the Siberian Wilderness with author Jon Turk. You can check-out the CD recording of this lecture.
- January 21, 2010 LEAP: An Innovative Acuppressure Approach to the Resolution of Specific Learning Difficulties, with Charles Krebs, PhD, Director of Melbourne Applied Physiology Pty, Ltd and developer of LEAP, Learning Enhancement Advanced Program. You can check-out the CD recording of this lecture.
- Nov 11th, 2009 The Ecology of the Child: A Post-Modern View of Pediatric Mental Health with Scott Shannon, MD, Children's Hospital Colorado and the University of Colorado Hospital. You can check-out theCD recording of this lecture.
- Sep 8th, 2009, Watch the video: Bioenergetic Medicine with Leonard A. Wisneski, MD, FACP, George Washington University School of Medicine and Georgetown University. Location: Health Sciences Library, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus. You can check-out the CD recording of this lecture.
- Aug 5th, 2009, Watch the video: Curanderismo. Traditional Mexican Healing. 1.) Susto. Magical Fright and Fear with Dr. Arturo Ornelas Lizardi, Director del Centro de Desarrollo Humano hacia la Comunidad, A.C. y Maestro en Masaje Energético; and General Conditions, Limpas, and 2.) Emotional Upset with Velia Herrera Arrendondo, Curandera.
- Nov 3rd, 2008, Watch the video: Integrative Medicine: History and State of the Practice in the United States, with Leonard A. Wisneski, MD, FACP, George Washington University School of Medicine and Georgetown University.
- Sep 3, 2008, Watch the video: The Top Five Herbs Your Patients Are Using, with Linda B. White, MD, Metropolitan State College. [Please note that there are technical problems on and off during the first 5-6 minutes of the recording.] You can check-out the CD recording of this lecture.
- May 13, 2008, complementary and Alternative Medicine and MS: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of Dietary Supplements, with Allen C. Bowling, MD, PhD, Rocky Mountain MS Center, University of Colorado Denver.
- February 19, 2008, Naturopathic Medicine: An Overview of the Philosophy and Training of Naturopathic Physicians, with Steven M. Rissman, ND, Metropolitan State College of Denver.
- November 5, 2007, Integrative Medicine: What the Health? with Lisa Corbin, MD, UCD AMC.
- May 15, 2007 Medicinal Plant Selection Criteria among the Tzeltal Maya of Chiapas, Mexico with John Brett, PhD, UCD AMC
If you have any questions about the collection, the committee, or the lecture series, please contact Lilian Hoffecker at 303-724-2124 or email@example.com.