ASAC Textbooks and Videos
ASAC stands for Academic Support Advisory Committee and is a committee within OARS (Office of Academic Resources and Services) composed of AMC health sciences student representatives from each of the professional programs at AMC serving as financial liaisons on Student Senate . The ASAC group advises and supports the library in providing services to students. The textbook collection at the library is one such service. The ASAC Textbooks are available for checkout from the customer service desk on the 1st floor of the library--ask our friendly desk staff for information anytime. The ASAC textbook titles are managed as part of course reserves with 2 copies for checkout on most titles; 3 copies are provided for a few titles.
Texbook titles and Suggestion Form for New Titles
- List of titles currently on reserve under the ASAC textbook initiative.
- If you are an AMC student and have recommendations for titles, please contact us and ask to speak with Tina Moser, Access Circulation Librarian. Online request form to suggest textbooks and other materials to purchase for the ASAC collection.
Commercials and Promotional Videos
-Early versions and prototypes of fun commercials to promo the student fee-funded textbook collection:
- "Stu Dent Goes to the HSL": Libby and ASAC Textbooks to the Rescue
- "Yo, a little help down here?": Ralphie Finds the ASAC Textbooks
- "I'm Broke and Ain't Got a Dime": The Gang Drives to HSL for the ASAC Solution
-Additional Video from our high school student interns from 2009 : Hidden Secrets at HSL
The University of Colorado Denver Health Sciences Library welcomed two high school interns in 2009 to learn about health librarianship, libraries, and the health professionals and researchers supported by today's medical libraries. Annika Jones and Linda Jimenez produced a wonderful media presentation showcasing the HSL. Learn more about our internship program ...