Services for the Disabled and Differently Abled
The Health Sciences Library is committed to providing everyone equal access to library programs, services, and materials. If you require special assistance, advance notice is appreciated as it allows us to meet your needs more efficiently. Please call (303) 724-2111 or 724-2152 for more information.
Handicapped parking is available for a fee in the following lots:
- Ignacio Lot - Located on the North side of Building 500 on East 19th Ave.
- Georgetown Lot - Located in the Northeast corner of 19th Ave and Uvalda Court.
- More information is available at the Parking and Facilities web page.
The library's entrance is wheelchair accessible as are restrooms and water fountains on all 3 floors of the library.
Services at the Health Sciences Library for persons with disabilities include:
- Retrieval of materials for library users who are unable to retrieve materials themselves; request this service in person or by calling (303) 724-2111. 24 hours advance notice is recommended.
- Assistance completing library forms and applications.
- Photocopying of library materials when use of the self-service photocopy machines is not possible; the cost is 10 cents per page. Please call our interlibrary loan office at (303) 724-2111 before visiting the library if you will need copy assistance. Without advance notice, we can copy a maximum of 25 pages for your immediate use.
- Assistance with online catalogs and other databases.
- Reference assistance is available; call (303) 724-2152 or email AskHSL@lists.ucdenver.edu for information.
- Deputy borrower authorization; library cardholders may request authorization for individuals to serve as their proxies to borrow materials.
- Faxed or mailed photocopied materials are available at the regular Interlibrary Loan rates.
- A workstation in the Information Commons, on the library's first floor is equipped with text enlarging software as well as a large print keyboard for those who are visually impaired. The workstation includes a scanner that may be used to scan print material and display the text on the monitor.