- Gallery Descriptions
- Selection Criteria
- How to Apply
- Artist Responsibilities
- Conditions Governing Loans to the Library
- Suggest an item for the collection
- Print and mail or fax-in form
The Health Sciences Library provides opportunities for informational, cultural and intellectual growth through the exhibit of displays, artifacts, works of art and other materials. Exhibits and art displays on loan in the library will create an inviting environment for users, stimulate academic discourse, and integrate the library more fully into campus life.
- Gallery (3rd floor) – Approx. 55’ x 20’, contains 17 picture lights
- Exhibit cases – Pedestal table with top case; 32” x 67” x 9”, two cases
- Exhibit cases – Wall mounted cases; 42” x 78” x 12”, two cases in Library entrance
- Other suitable spaces that may become available
- University of Colorado Denver Faculty, Staff and Students
- Members of community
- Value to community
- Clear presentation
- Artistic/educational merit
- Social significance
- Unity of theme
- Artistic/educational integrity of the work
- Record of professional achievement
- Accurate information
- Suitability of subject matter and physical presentation
- Quality of the presentation
- Educational value
- Local or regional interest
The Library Exhibit Committee will select and schedule all exhibits. Exhibits are chosen based on the criteria listed above.
The Library reserves the right to refuse or remove an exhibit.
- Letter of interest: The letter of interest should not be longer than one page. State your exhibition proposal including narrative and number of artwork pieces available.
- Images: Images must be submitted of artwork to be displayed. Digital images are required. Prefer JPG files, maximum 3 MB per image.
- Image Identification Sheet: Prepare a single-sided Image ID Sheet with titles that match the digital images. Please include the following for each piece:
- Size: height x width (If framed, include framed height x width)
- Date created
- Price or NFS (Not For Sale)
- Estimated value: Include the estimated value of each piece you plan to display.
- Send all information to Debra Miller, Digitization Coordinator, Health Sciences Library.
E-mail: Debra.Miller@ucdenver.edu Fax: (303) 724-2162 Phone: (303) 724-2131
- Provide a biographical and/or exhibit statement at least two weeks prior to start of exhibit. The library will run a short article about the exhibit on the library website.
- Provide a list of items that will be loaned to the Library for display.
- Provide a list of the estimated value of each item that will be displayed. (To the extent that a formal appraisal is available, such appraisals are preferred.)
- Be responsible for installing and removing displays on the dates agreed upon by the Library and the artist/exhibitor. Displays must be set up and removed with as little interference as possible to the daily operations of the Library. If the Library must remove a display because it is not removed as scheduled the Library is not responsible for damages.
- Exhibits should be installed and removed between 8 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday.
- All wall mounted pieces must have a wire for mounting – no sawtooth hangers allowed.
- Hobby Lobby or Michaels will frame artwork for a nominal fee.
- Agrees to be responsible and pay for damages to Library property resulting from installation or removal of a display.
- If an artist/exhibitor would like to host an opening reception for their display, the date and time of the opening must be negotiated with the Library. Artists/exhibitors will be responsible for funding opening events.
- Reasonable care will be taken with loaned artwork.
- Selection and display of loaned artwork is at the discretion of the Health Sciences Library Exhibits Committee. The Exhibits Committee reserves the right to discontinue a display at any time and for any reason.
- The Health Sciences Library carries insurance for loaned art on display in the building with standard exclusions and a $1000 deductible.
- It is recommended that artists/exhibitors carry their own insurance as well.
- Delivery and retrieval of loaned artwork is the responsibility of the artist/exhibitor.
- An artist/exhibitor statement with contact information may be posted with a display. The statement should fit on a 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper.
- Price lists that include an artist’s/exhibitor’s name, address, and telephone number may be made available near the exhibit but prices must not be visible on any item or display.
- All sales and taxes are the responsibility of the artist/exhibitor.
- If an item in the exhibit sells, it must remain on display until the end of the event.
- In return for exhibiting your artwork, the Health Sciences Library will accept a donation of 15% of all sales.
- The display period for loaned artwork is generally a minimum of six weeks, although that time can be extended. The Library reserves the right to determine the schedule of displays.
- Artists/exhibitors agree to let the library photograph their artwork to be used for any University of Colorado purpose including publications, advertisements, or similar print, video or electronic media.
- Displays of loaned artwork must include the following disclaimer, “This exhibit was produced by (Name of Artist/Exhibitor). The views are of the artist/exhibitor represented and do not necessarily represent those of the Health Sciences Library or the University of Colorado Denver”.
After you read and agree to the policy above, please use our print and mail (or fax-in) form
Debra Miller, Digitization Coordinator
Phone: (303) 724-2131
Fax: (303) 724-2162