Interlibrary Loan (ILL) New Users
If this is your first time ordering and you wish to use our interlibrary loan borrowing and in-house document delivery services then...
- Register with ILLiad to set up an interlibrary loan account.
- Health Sciences Library ILL is a fee-based service. ILLiad registration establishes an account with our office to charge all requests to a credit card or speedtype number that ILL Office staff obtain from you. You must be affiliated (Primary or Secondary patron) or be a resident of the State of Colorado to use this fee-based service.
- The ILLiad registration process asks you for contact information and you create an ILLiad username and password so you can login and order materials, receive email notifications, and login to ILLiad to pick up electronically delivered material 24/7 online. Articles and book chapters are usually delivered in PDF to your ILLiad space. Books and other returnables we receive from other libraries can be picked up at HSL.
- You will NOT be asked to enter any credit card information by the ILLiad registration form. You will provide that later by contacting our office or we shall contact you after you submit the ILLiad registration form.
Student user? Looking for SIFT the no-cost ILL service? Click Here
Can't remember whether you have an account? Contact ILL at 303-724-2111 or email@example.com.
ILL/DocDel hours are Monday-Friday, 8am to 4:30pm.
Students for ILLiad Freedom 2
A service offering no-cost interlibrary loan and document delivery service for UC Denver Health Sciences Students
SIFT version 1.x began as a pilot; it is a permanent service as of 7/2010, SIFT 2.0
SIFT is the linked solution from HSL for the access needs of today's mobile student and it is being offered at No Direct Cost to eligible students. What is SIFT? SIFT is simply our name for this no-cost pilot service, an acronym for Students for ILLiad Freedom 2. Need an article the library does not have? Can't come on campus to copy that 1986 article? Joining SIFT means registering with ILLiad, the library's web-based ILL system. ILLiad gives freedom and new options to UC Denver Health Sciences students to request articles 24/7 from the HSL collections and beyond from libraries nationwide which our interlibrary loan office connects with daily. Who is eligible, how it works and how to sign up is detailed below.
NOTE: Requests are processed as received and turnaround time varies depending on the request* Read on for details ...
Students eligible for this service at no direct cost are those UC Denver AMC health sciences students actively enrolled during the term and who have paid the ASAC academic support services fee.
How Will the Service Work?
- Students wishing to participate first need to register with ILLiad. ILLiad is the library's online user system for interlibrary loan and document delivery request management. With ILLiad, students create an account, place requests and login to ILLiad to pickup and receive PDFs of article copies they have requested.
- Registration turnaround is usually 24 hours during the Mon-Fri hours of the Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Department, 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Student requests will be supplied at no direct cost to the student user. The service is intended for the academic needs of the student; use for other purposes is discouraged
- Please Note: ILL/DocDel will not accept requests from students for course textbooks. SIFT is not a means for obtaining required class textbooks.
- Requests for articles in the library’s collection will usually be filled within 48 hours, Mon-Fri; article copies and materials outside the HSL collection borrowed from other libraries can take five to ten days. Some requests may not be filled for various reasons. Rush request service (same day or less than 24 hours) is not available.
- Be sure to use and check Prospector for obtaining books not in the HSL collection before using ILL as an option, see http://hslibrary.ucdenver.edu/prospector/
How to Register:
- Register with ILLiad @ https://uchsc.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/firsttime.html. Just be sure to select your status as Student on the ILLiad registration form and indicate the School you belong to--Medicine, Nursing, etc.
- Go to the library’s homepage at http://hslibrary.ucdenver.edu/
- Under the Services drop down menu, choose ILLiad. ILLiad is the online system for interlibrary loan.
- At the ILLiad login page, follow the “First time users” click here link.
Questions about SIFT?