Interlibrary Loan (ILL) User Categories and Service Fees
- News: Beginning September 1, 2014 University Residents on payroll with GME (verified by Library) are eligible for ILL services at no-direct cost. Residents can begin to sign-up Sept 1st and after.
Primary Patrons for HSL ILL purposes [Charges: $8 Regular, $18 Rush]
- Health Sciences Faculty and Staff Paid by the University of Colorado Denver (UCD) AMC campus.
- Students Currently Enrolled in UCD AMC Heath Sciences Schools
- Note: UC Denver AMC students receive service at no-cost -- more details.
- Regular UCD AMC Health Sciences Faculty Paid by Affiliate (National Jewish, VAMC, Denver Health, etc.)
- Unpaid UCD AMC Health Sciences Faculty, Volunteer Faculty of all sorts: Clinical, Adjunct/Adjoint, Preceptor, etc.
- If pre-arrangement is made for a department/School to cover & pay your ILL costs please inform ILL staff of this in your application for ILL services and contact Douglas Stehle, Head of Access Services by email or at 303-724-2139. College/department approval for ILL fees payment needs verifying.
- Retired UCD AMC Health Sciences Faculty
- UCD AMC Residents paid by the University (on payroll with GME)
- Note: these Residents receive service at no-cost -- more details.
- UCD AMC Fellows
- University of Colorado Hospital (UCH) paid staff
- UPI employees
- CU Regents Board Members
Other Patrons for HSL ILL purposes [Charges: $18 Regular, $48 Rush]
This "other" category encompasses all other library users who are not identified as Primary, including but not limited to:
- UC Denver Health Sciences Alumni
- UC Denver Health Sciences Volunteer Staff
- University of Colorado Hospital (UCH) Volunteers
- Residents paid by other health organizations/hospitals: TCH, Denver Health, etc.
- Non-University Fellows
- Other CU Faculty, Staff, and Students -- Auraria, Boulder, Colorado Springs
- CCML Members (Colorado Council of Medical Librarians)
- Colorado Public
- All others not listed above. If you are not affiliated in any fashion, you must be a resident of the State of Colorado to use our service.
|Service||Turn Around Time
(averages & deliveries Mon-Fri only )
|Fee: Primary Patrons||Fee: Other Patrons|
|Note: No direct cost/fees for UCD AMC health sciences students who pay Academic Support Fee or for Paid GME Residents of the University -- Details||
DocDel 2~3 days
Borrowing 5~10 days
RUSH service not provided
|no-cost, funded with Academic Support Fee||n/a|
|Regular service: Check online catalog to determine whether library owns a particular title (books or AV). For journal holdings, check our Find Journals tool.||
From library collection: 72-hour delivery, 3 business days M-F
Outside library collection: average 5 days for photocopies; average 10 days for other returnable items books, etc.
|48-hour RUSH: Photocopies from outside the Health Sciences Library's collection.||48 hour delivery||$18||$48|
|Same-Day RUSH: Photocopies from library's collection only. Check online catalog to determine whether library owns a particular title (books or AV). For journal holdings, check our Find Journals tool.||
Same day delivery
Requests received after 3:00pm may be processed the following business day.
|Bindery items: Items currently at the bindery that are not available through online catalog.||Average of 5 days||free
$12 for 48-hour rush
$48 for 48-hour rush
|Disabled Library Users: Photocopies from the Health Sciences Library's collection only.||48 hour delivery||$0.10 per page||$0.10 per page|