Skyscape eBooks for the Health Sciences
Skyscape, a major vendor of interactive, mobile health sciences eBooks, in cooperation with the Health Sciences Library, is offering Anschutz Medical Campus/University of Colorado Hospital faculty, staff, and students 25% off the purchase price of information resources for downloading to their mobile devices or smartphones.
The Skyscape catalog includes more than 300 titles such as Harrison’s Online, Washington Manual Series, Nurse's Guide to Clinical Procedures, AHFS Drug Information, The 5 Minute Clinical Consult for Dental Professionals, and The Rehabilitation Specialist's Handbook. All titles are integrated and cross-searchable via Skyscape's smARTlink technology.
To purchase Skyscape products and receive the HSC/UCH discount
- Access the new Skyscape AMC/UCH portal at this URL: http://www.skyscape.com/ucd-amc.
- Select the item(s) you wish to purchase. You can select from the Recommended References on the main page and/or from all of the titles in the Skyscape catalog at http://www.skyscape.com/estore/BrowseBySubject.aspx. When you are finished shopping, proceed to checkout. You will see the 25% discount applied at this point. Please note that the discount does NOT apply to value packages.
- Enter your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express information and complete your transaction. The serial number(s) for the product(s) you purchased and installation instructions will be sent to you by email.
The main page of the AMC/UCH Skyscape portal features titles recommended by AMC faculty for for AMC students. Library staff have contacted faculty in all AMC schools and hope to add more recommendations for students to the short list for AMC medical students currently provided. Please note that AMC/UCH faculty, staff, and students receive the 25% discount for the entire Skyscape catalog of eBooks, not just the titles recommended on the main page.
Skyscape is also open to adding new titles to their catalog. Please contact Lilian Hoffecker, email@example.com , if you have suggestions for titles you would like available from Skyscape or if you have questions about the collaboration between the Health Sciences Library and Skyscape.
More details about the service
- About 100 of Skyscape’s 300 eBooks (e.g. Harrison's Manual of Medicine and Griffiths' 5 Minute Clinical Consult) are also available for desktop download at no additional cost.
- Skyscape supports Palm, PocketPC, and Windows Mobile (5.0 is latest OS), and support for the Blackberry is in the works.
- Resources that are updated on a regular basis (such as drug references) include free updates for a year. After one year, the user must purchase the new edition to get updated information although the user can keep and continue using the edition no longer being updated.