Douglas M. Stehle, MLIS
Department Head and Assistant Professor (2004 - present)
Access Services Department
- Customer Service Desk Operations
- Access Circulation Operations
- Interlibrary Library Loan and Document Delivery Operations
- PASCAL Preservation and High-Density Storage Operations
Health Sciences Library, UCD
12950 E. Montview Blvd.
Mail Stop A003
Aurora, CO 80045
Contact Me About
- Library Access and Accounts - Application and Eligibility, Online Access, Library Cards, 'Who Gets What'
- Circulation Services and Borrowing
- Interlibrary Loan Borrowing/Lending and Document Delivery
- PASCAL: Preservation and Access Service Center for Colorado Academic Libraries
- Library Hours
- Information Commons on the 1st floor of HSL
- Student Services like the ASAC textbook collection on reserve, ASAC funded interlibrary loan for students
- Quiet Study Room QSR-2100 on 2nd floor of HSL
- Writing and Career Center branches in the Information Commons
- Customer Service Comments and Suggestions. Your experiences at our customer service desk
- Customer Service Desk
- Library's Patron Database
- Access Procedures and Policies
- Opening/Closing of the Library Facility
- Circulation and Loan Periods
- Innovative Interfaces Circulation System and Modules
- Course Reserves
- Fines and Billing for Overdue and Lost Materials
- Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery
- ILLiad ILL System
- OCLC Resource Sharing ILL, DOCLINE Resource Sharing ILL
- Emergency Preparedness Committee
- Communications Committe
- Information Commons Team
Selected Papers, Publications, and Presentations
- “Information Literacy As Liberal Education: Academic Libraries, the Teaching Librarian, and Collection Marketing.” In Musings, Meanderings, and Monsters, Too: Essays on Academic Librarianship. Ed. Martin Raish. Lanham, Md.: Scarecrow Press, 2003.
- “Information Literacy, Lifelong Learning and Introductions to Emerging Information Sources: An Integrative Approach for Future Accountants.” Presented at the 1998 Information Resources Management Association International Conference. Boston, Massachusetts. May 17th - 20th, 1998. Authors: LuAnn Bean and Douglas Stehle, Pittsburg State University, and William Mangold, University of Arkansas.
- “Understanding Information/Computer Literacy: What First-Year Students Know, What They Don’t, and What Colleges and Universities are Doing About It.”. Presented at the Eleventh Annual National Student Success Conference. Sponsored by Wichita State University, Learning Resource Center, University College. Kansas City, Missouri. April 1st - April 3rd, 1998. Authors: Cindy Pierard and Doug Stehle, University of Kansas and Pittsburg State University.