Lynne M. Fox, AMLS, MA, AHIP
Education Librarian (2002 - present)
Education and Learning Resources
UC Denver Health Sciences Library
Center for Computational Pharmacology (2002 - 2012)
University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology
Outreach and Reference Librarian (1999 - 2002)
University of Colorado Denver Health Sciences Library
Health Sciences Library, University of Colorado Denver 12950 E. Montview Blvd. Mail Stop A003 Aurora, CO 80045
- Corpus Design and Biomedical Text Annotation
- Internet Training for Health Professionals
- Health Sciences Library Education Programs
- Medical Informatics
- Teaching Methods and Technology
- Reference Services
I teach students, staff, and faculty to find the information that helps them become licensed health professionals, care for patients, and research the scientific advances that improve all of our lives. I help researchers who try to make computers better able to extract and summarize information from knowledge sources for use by scientists.
For more information see my Curriculum Vita.
M.A., History, University of Northern Colorado, 1996
A.M.L.S., University of Michigan, 1984
B.A., Cum Laude, History, University of Colorado, 1981
American Academy of Health Information Professionals, Member at the Distiguished Level since 1999
Winner, Marla Graber Award for Excellence and Achievement, Colorado Council of Medical Librarians, 2009
Member, Thornton Colorado City Council, November 17, 2009 -
Winner, Micdontinental Chapter of the Medical Library Association Bernice M. Hetzner Award for Excellence in Academic Health Science Librarianship, 2010
- Basic and advanced online searching of
- OVID Medline
- Cochrane Library
- ACP Journal Club
- Clinical Point of Care Information Resources
- EndNote, EndNoteWeb, CiteULike and Zotero
- Searching for the Evidence
- Biomedical Research
- Medical Reference for Non-Medical Librarians
- MLA CE: It's about space / It's about time: Time and File Management.
- Baumgartner Jr, W. A., Cohen, K. B., Fox, L. M., Acquaah-Mensah, G., & Hunter, L. (2007). Manual curation is not sufficient for annotation of genomic databases. Bioinformatics, 23(13), i41.
- Fox, Lynne & Mauck, Mary. (2007). "Librarian Websites." Colorado Libraries, 33 (1): 35-37.
- Lynne M. Fox. (2006, September). “Technology: Does Your List Measure Up? Ten Reasons to Stay in the Discussion.” MLA News, p. 25
- K. Bretonnel Cohen, Lynne Fox, Philip V. Ogren, and Lawrence Hunter (2005). Empirical Data on Corpus Design and Usage in Biomedical Natural Language Processing. Proceedings of the American Medical Informatics Association, pp 156-160. American Medical Informatics Association.
- K. Bretonnel Cohen, Lynne Fox, Philip V. Ogren, and Lawrence Hunter (2005). Corpus design for biomedical natural language processing. Proceedings of the ACL-ISMB workshop on linking biological literature, ontologies and databases, pp. 38-45. Association for Computational Linguistics.
- Lynne M. Fox: (2005). "Using Chat/Meeting Software to Teach Distant Students." Colorado Libraries, 31 (3), pp. 15-16.
- Contributor : Clark, Jane Bennett. (2004 May). "The Search for Life-saving Answers." Kiplinger's, pp. 77-80.
- Fox, Lynne. "Biomedical corpora for natural language processing: What's a nice Librarian like you doing in a project like this?", MCMLA 2005, Salt Lake City, UT, September 19, 2005.
- Fox, Lynne. "Get PHIT! Public Health Internet Training," Region VIII and Border States Education and Training Conference, Westminster, Colorado, August 26, 2003, Denver, Colorado, August 2004.
- Fox, Lynne; Richter, Judith M.; White, Nancy. (1996). "A multidimensional evaluation of a Nursing Information Literary Program." Bulletin of the Medical Library Association, 84 (2), 182-190.