Hospital Library items in IMPULSE Catalog - MedConnect Libraries
Loan rules are local and vary for the hospital library materials in IMPULSE catalog:
Items at hospital libraries participating in HSL's IMPULSE catalog (a.k.a. the MedConnect libraries) may only be checked out on-site at the hospital library. UCD AMC faculty and students with active (un-expired) library accounts at HSL may visit these libraries (except AORN) and checkout those circulating materials which the hospital library allows to HSL patrons by their local policy.
1. Contact the MedConnect library in advance before visiting to confirm the item is available for use and/or checkout to HSL patrons.
2. Please bring and present your University ID or drivers license at the MedConnect library.
Patrons of the MedConnect libraries with active library cards and in good standing at their library, e.g. National Jewish or TCH library, may checkout most circulating materials from the main book/av collection on the 3rd floor of HSL using their hospital library card.
Library codes in IMPULSE of the MedConnect hospital libraries:
- AORN = Association of periOperative Registered Nurses Library.
Note: AORN Library is for the use of AORN Headquarters Staff only
- DML = Denver Medical Library
- ELMC = Exempla Lutheran Medical Center
- ESJH = Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital
- NJ = Tucker Medical Library at National Jewish
- TCH = The Children's Hospital and either the TCH Family Health Library
or the TCH Clinical and Research Library.
Example of a non-HSL record in the library's catalog to material located at one of the hospital libraries.
Example of multiple owners, only the first item listed is at Health Sciences Library on the AMC.
Lippincott manual of nursing practice. HSL, NJ, ELMC Main Stacks, DML
LOCATION CALL # STATUS
|HSL General Collection/3rd Floor||WY 100 B897L 2010||ON SHELF|
|National Jewish Books||WY 49 L765 2010||ON SHELF|
|ELMC Main Stacks||WY 100 L765 2010||ON SHELF|