Mission, Vision, Values, & Goals
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Health Sciences Library links people, reliable health sciences knowledge, and technology in support of effective learning, quality health care, vital research, and engaging community service.
The staff of the library strives for the highest quality services as they enhance access to the knowledge base of the health sciences, instruct users in information retrieval and management techniques, and acquire and organize a specialized collection of electronic, print and other resources in a cost-effective manner.
- Understanding and, when possible, exceeding users’ need for access and information
- Customer service that reflects professional, ethical, and courteous behavior
- Active collaboration in the learning and discovery process
- Engagement in reshaping scholarly communication and knowledge management
- Commitment to diversity, intellectual freedom, and self actualization
- Continuous learning, adaptability, innovation and enhancement of staff skills and services
- Responsible and creative stewardship of limited University resources
- A rewarding work environment characterized by team spirit, flexibility, personal growth and a sense of humor.
- A relaxed and welcoming environment for our users
The Health Sciences Library’s primary users are students currently enrolled at the University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical campus, health sciences faculty and staff paid by the University, University of Colorado Hospital employees and retired health science faculty. detailed definition
- Provide service excellence and timely access to information in the health sciences, independent of user location and mode of access.
- Teach access to, retrieval of, and synthesis of information for education, clinical decision making, and research.
- Create a marketing and communication process that benefits our customers and the HS Library by delivering value through our products and information services.
- Exceed user expectations as we manage the ongoing technological evolution of the library’s resources and services, working in partnership with the other departments that comprise the Office of Academic Resources and Services.
- Continue reshaping library resources, services and outreach in light of the transition to the Anschutz Medical Campus and the consolidated university’s evolving mission.
- Innovate collaboratively to improve scholarly communications and the management and delivery of information services.
- Build on staff resource strengths in order to enhance the library as a learning environment workplace, through effective communications and staff development, mentoring and succession planning opportunities.
- Become one of the top 10 state-supported university academic health sciences libraries in the United States.